For MARC’s first operating event in recent history, this upcoming VHF Contest should provide enough action to demonstrate our basic communications capability… This also presents our new club with an opportunity to get together and work as a team to bring the club station back to life. This event starts Saturday after lunch, and runs thru Sunday evening about 10pm. It is not likely that someone will be at the station during all the wee hours of the night, but if band conditions are good, and the operators are enthusiastic – someone may be there. Come by and check it out if you can. We always try to monitor the 147.100 repeater while at the station. With any luck we will also have at least enough internet connection to update the twitter feed. Lets hope for some good E-Skip on 6 meters, and some good tropo-ducting on Sunday morning.
See you on the bands ..!..
- Our monthly membership meetings are usually held at the club station on the first Thursday of each month : 4 pm socializing, 4:30 pm business. Building 4622.
- We also usually have our Work-Play sessions on the third Wednesday of each month at the club, 4:30 pm. Building 4622.
Click to see where the club is located: Bldg. 4622 - Map location
Recent Blog Comments
wa2jqz on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… Phil Bussanich on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… KK4IBB on Thank you for contacting us fo… Museum Ship Weekend… on Alabama QSO Party (June 7, 201…
where is my space station ?
Where is Oscar 7 (AO-7)?
- We just tested our 1st 3D printed rocket engine part made of 2 metals. Could help reduce costs & manufacturing time… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- Drones that we helped develop played a role in search & rescue missions in the wake of #HurricaneHarvey:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- 10 billion miles from Earth, our Sun is a distant point of light that @NASAVoyager craft left behind 40 years ago… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @AstroKomrade: What do you do when your 7 and 11 year-old children ask you if you have pets in space? ….you make them of course! https:… 17 hours ago
- Hurricane Jose, though not expected to make landfall, is producing dangerous currents, affecting N.Y., R. I. & Mass… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Launches by Soyuz, Atlas 5, Proton & Ariane 5 rockets scheduled later this month. Full list of upcoming missions:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Chinese space station freighter concludes orbital refueling demonstration mission. spaceflightnow.com/2017/09/17/chi… https://t.co/0E7WdnicIi 1 day ago
- SpaceX capsule returns to Earth from space station with nearly two tons of cargo and scientific research specimens.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Splashdown confirmed! SpaceX’s Dragon supply ship has parachuted into the Pacific Ocean after leaving space station. spaceflightnow.com/2017/09/17/spa… 2 days ago
- SpaceX confirms Dragon cargo craft has completed de-orbit burn & jettisoned disposable trunk for re-entry shortly. spaceflightnow.com/2017/09/17/spa… 2 days ago