For MARC’s first operating event in recent history, this upcoming VHF Contest should provide enough action to demonstrate our basic communications capability… This also presents our new club with an opportunity to get together and work as a team to bring the club station back to life. This event starts Saturday after lunch, and runs thru Sunday evening about 10pm. It is not likely that someone will be at the station during all the wee hours of the night, but if band conditions are good, and the operators are enthusiastic – someone may be there. Come by and check it out if you can. We always try to monitor the 147.100 repeater while at the station. With any luck we will also have at least enough internet connection to update the twitter feed. Lets hope for some good E-Skip on 6 meters, and some good tropo-ducting on Sunday morning.
See you on the bands ..!..
- Our monthly membership meetings are usually held at the club station on the first Thursday of each month : 4 pm socializing, 4:30 pm business. Building 4622.
- We also usually have our Work-Play sessions on the third Wednesday of each month at the club, 4:30 pm. Building 4622.
Click to see where the club is located: Bldg. 4622 - Map location
Recent Blog Comments
wa2jqz on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… Phil Bussanich on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… KK4IBB on Thank you for contacting us fo… Museum Ship Weekend… on Alabama QSO Party (June 7, 201…
where is my space station ?
Where is Oscar 7 (AO-7)?
- Right now, @AstroKomrade is live on @Instagram talking about his recent return from 139 days in space! Tune in live… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 35 minutes ago
- We’re accepting public nominations for potential membership on an advisory group that will represent the perspectiv… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Galaxies glow like fireflies in this spectacular image taken by @NASAHubble. This flickering swarm exhibits excepti… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- Apply now for a #NASASocial event Jan. 24 in Colorado to learn about a mission that will explore where terrestrial… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- Can we recover the ozone layer? Our researchers weigh in on the ongoing debate about the relative impacts of contin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
- Watch video highlights from Sunday’s arrival of a SpaceX Dragon cargo craft at the International Space Station:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Check out photos from last week’s launch of an Ariane 5 rocket from French Guiana: spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/16/pho… https://t.co/PwCjWOflrf 2 hours ago
- Capture confirmed! SpaceX’s refurbished Dragon cargo capsule is in the firm grasp of the International Space Statio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The space station’s robot arm is moving toward the Dragon spacecraft for capture. Watch live: spaceflightnow.com/2017/12/11/spa… 1 day ago
- SpaceX’s Dragon cargo craft has arrived at a point around 30 feet (10 meters) from the space station, where astrona… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago