For MARC’s first operating event in recent history, this upcoming VHF Contest should provide enough action to demonstrate our basic communications capability… This also presents our new club with an opportunity to get together and work as a team to bring the club station back to life. This event starts Saturday after lunch, and runs thru Sunday evening about 10pm. It is not likely that someone will be at the station during all the wee hours of the night, but if band conditions are good, and the operators are enthusiastic – someone may be there. Come by and check it out if you can. We always try to monitor the 147.100 repeater while at the station. With any luck we will also have at least enough internet connection to update the twitter feed. Lets hope for some good E-Skip on 6 meters, and some good tropo-ducting on Sunday morning.
See you on the bands ..!..
- Our monthly membership meetings are usually held at the club station on the first Thursday of each month : 4 pm socializing, 4:30 pm business. Building 4622.
- We also usually have our Work-Play sessions on the third Wednesday of each month at the club, 4:30 pm. Building 4622.
Click to see where the club is located: Bldg. 4622 - Map location
Recent Blog Comments
wa2jqz on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… Phil Bussanich on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… KK4IBB on Thank you for contacting us fo… Museum Ship Weekend… on Alabama QSO Party (June 7, 201…
where is my space station ?
Where is Oscar 7 (AO-7)?
- Apply now for a #NASASocial event at @NASAJPL in California on Sept 14-15 for the triumphant end of @CassiniSaturn:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Mark Your Calendars! And find the ways to watch the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse. Watch: go.nasa.gov/2tJiiK8… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- The Aug. 21 total solar eclipse provides a rare chance to collect data only available during eclipses:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- Get ready for the August 21, 2017 solar eclipse! Find out what you'll see based on location. Watch:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- Icy moons, galaxy clusters and distant worlds are some of the many things @NASAWebb will explore once in space:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- SpaceX launches and lands second Falcon 9 rocket in two days — the company’s fastest turnaround yet.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- Iridium says controllers have received telemetry from all 10 satellites launched by SpaceX today. spaceflightnow.com/2017/06/24/iri… 16 hours ago
- Dramatic on-board camera view of Falcon 9 booster descending through clouds before touchdown on ship in Pacific:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- Watch a full replay of today's Falcon 9 rocket flight from California from liftoff to landing:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- All 10 Iridium satellites have deployed from Falcon 9 rocket. "It's a clean sweep," SpaceX commentator says.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago