For MARC’s first operating event in recent history, this upcoming VHF Contest should provide enough action to demonstrate our basic communications capability… This also presents our new club with an opportunity to get together and work as a team to bring the club station back to life. This event starts Saturday after lunch, and runs thru Sunday evening about 10pm. It is not likely that someone will be at the station during all the wee hours of the night, but if band conditions are good, and the operators are enthusiastic – someone may be there. Come by and check it out if you can. We always try to monitor the 147.100 repeater while at the station. With any luck we will also have at least enough internet connection to update the twitter feed. Lets hope for some good E-Skip on 6 meters, and some good tropo-ducting on Sunday morning.
See you on the bands ..!..
- Our monthly membership meetings are usually held at the club station on the first Thursday of each month : 4 pm socializing, 4:30 pm business. Building 4622.
- We also usually have our Work-Play sessions on the third Wednesday of each month at the club, 4:30 pm. Building 4622.
Click to see where the club is located: Bldg. 4622 - Map location
Recent Blog Comments
wa2jqz on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… Phil Bussanich on Hexagonal Beam Antenna Present… KK4IBB on Thank you for contacting us fo… Museum Ship Weekend… on Alabama QSO Party (June 7, 201…
where is my space station ?
Where is Oscar 7 (AO-7)?
- While our spacecraft travel to far-off destinations that we can't easily access, a new app brings them right to you… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 minutes ago
- This 3-D printed rocket engine nozzle not only withstands the extreme temperatures and pressures required, but is c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @NASASolarSystem: Happy #VernalEquinox, the #FirstDayofSpring in the Northern Hemisphere. Learn more about the equinox: https://t.co/FoF… 4 hours ago
- Predicting the lifespan of spacecraft materials is vital to building vehicles that endure spaceflight. Discover how… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Near-Earth space is an atmospheric gold mine. To study this uncharted, dynamic area that responds both to space wea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Launch preps for the next Falcon 9 flight are proceeding in California for liftoff March 29 with 10 more Iridium co… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- United Launch Alliance touts new Vulcan rocket in competition with SpaceX. spaceflightnow.com/2018/03/20/ula… https://t.co/dAuhH7SZ8x 4 hours ago
- US Air Force divides new launch contracts between SpaceX and ULA. spaceflightnow.com/2018/03/20/u-s… https://t.co/shgxJz8VPr 5 hours ago
- A Russian Soyuz rocket is set to launch the next space station crew, a Falcon 9 will lift off from California, and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- The fourth Earth-imaging satellite in a new Chinese reconnaissance fleet successfully launched Saturday.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago